Re: What is cryptocurrency faucet?

greencarpet wrote:
December 22nd, 2017, 2:27 pm
Faucets are just these websites where you can get really small amounts of crypto by doing lotteries or typing captchas... tbh I don't think it's really worth it, it involves a load of ads and popups for very minimum gain. When I tried it I raked up a whole 1c in about an hour of on-off solving captchas.
I'd saying a cent worth off of these 'faucet' sites is pretty high!
0 x
"Many individuals are doing what they can. But real success can only come if there is a change in our societies and in our economics and in our politics."
David Attenborough

I'll explain briefly:
A cryptocurrency faucet is, a thing that gives you a slice of a certain cryptocurrency, most commonly, it's around 100 sats if we talk of Bitcoin.
Back in the days, just to have a nice laugh, many websites offered as faucets from 10 to 50 BTC(I'm not kidding) because back in the days around 2010/2011, it was kindly worthless.
0 x

greencarpet wrote:
December 22nd, 2017, 2:27 pm
Faucets are just these websites where you can get really small amounts of crypto by doing lotteries or typing captchas... tbh I don't think it's really worth it, it involves a load of ads and popups for very minimum gain. When I tried it I raked up a whole 1c in about an hour of on-off solving captchas.
Oh, I see now. Sounds pretty lame!
Thanks for the explanation. Would stay my hodl position! 😈
0 x

Return to “Faucets”