Re: Don’t Regulate Crypto?

Andrews411 wrote:
March 13th, 2018, 6:08 pm
Hi everyone! I read this article today https://cointelegraph.com/news/dont-reg ... rity-chair and thought it was very interesting. Would be interested to hear your thoughts on regulating vs prohibiting financial institutions from holding and selling cryptocurrencies! Any thoughts?
This is happening. Slowly but steady. Regulators are banning Bitcoin.
It's a long process. I think we can expect a huge anti-crypto propaganda campaign launched within the next years.
0 x

alexanderisora wrote:
March 15th, 2018, 6:39 am
Andrews411 wrote:
March 13th, 2018, 6:08 pm
Hi everyone! I read this article today https://cointelegraph.com/news/dont-reg ... rity-chair and thought it was very interesting. Would be interested to hear your thoughts on regulating vs prohibiting financial institutions from holding and selling cryptocurrencies! Any thoughts?
This is happening. Slowly but steady. Regulators are banning Bitcoin.
It's a long process. I think we can expect a huge anti-crypto propaganda campaign launched within the next years.
You are probably right. Crypto is threatening big institutions' control after all so there will be a big struggle to keep it out as much as possible. But then again it's only a matter of time until the general public starts discovering the advantages these technologies hold.
0 x

They're scared because cryptocurrency market is growing fast. They fears that they are going to waste a lot of money. Im curious what about alt coins with rock stable rate of exchange separated from Bitcoin? I mean coins with real value, solid backing in form of computational power and disc space for example (nebula network). It will be also a problem and should it be banned? It is not a gambling anymore in this case, so...?
0 x

Anthony wrote:
April 4th, 2018, 10:51 am
They're scared because cryptocurrency market is growing fast. They fears that they are going to waste a lot of money. Im curious what about alt coins with rock stable rate of exchange separated from Bitcoin? I mean coins with real value, solid backing in form of computational power and disc space for example (nebula network). It will be also a problem and should it be banned? It is not a gambling anymore in this case, so...?
Absolutely right. But then I think it's not only the fear of wasting money but also loosing control. Well suppose the regulation would include this too. Will be fascinating to see how governments are going to deal with it in the future as the industry grows bigger and bigger.
0 x

It's true. They don't have any control right now, and they have a big problem to fix it. However I hope that cryptocurrency will stay strong and grow even more. I thing that cryptocurrencies with rock stable exchange rate are more "friendly" for governments so maybe this is the way...
0 x

The regulation of cryptocurrency is going to happen whether we like it or not.

How far the regulation goes will be based on the central banks and the government. The movement into crypto is a major threat to the power of central banks and government which is why there is so much regulations being release for it.

The government and central banks in most case are the controllers of the exchange rate; this is done through the change in supply of money or interest rate. Cryptocurrency is something they cannot control as the currency is mined and they cannot control the pricing, which is why they are worried.

Even with regulations though, it is expected that crypto will be growing in the next five years. The reason is because IBM invested a lot of money to teach companies including banks about the benefits of blockchain and with their understanding, they could find use or better control crypto.

I was reading about the five year upcoming here if you are interested in reading a bit more: https://miningsky.com/2018/04/23/crypto ... ive-years/
0 x

Return to “General”