Re: Different types of scam and fraud

AppleJ0000 wrote:
August 12th, 2018, 9:24 pm
sigma wrote:
August 12th, 2018, 1:09 am
I just cant believe the numbers you guys wrote down (I believe, I am just so surprised :) ). 80% of the launched ICO's is scam? wow, that was way more than I was expecting! Obviously I am aware, that there are so many but couldnt believe that it is 4 out of 5. And the amount of money the scamers. More than a have of a billion $! In the end there is a huuge scaming industry behind...cryptocurrency mafia in smaller and larger groups (maybe sometimes also just one person).
Agree on what you said. It may even just be one person in all these scam attacks. We dunno anymore. That's why it's important for every user to know how to protect themselves with the security tools and be able to counter these scam attacks themselves.
It's surely sometimes just one person responsible for some scams but surely not for all. In the end it is also a lot of work to prepare this scams. One person cant do this just alone. And as the "market" is big, there are surely a lot who want a part of this "delicious" cake.
0 x

RichRob wrote:
August 18th, 2018, 8:35 pm
Yeah but we cant blame if people would also just wanna make sure that they project they're following and wanting to invest in is legit by knowing its plans. I guess it's just the normal reaction of people to ask for a date especially now that distrust is kind prevalent especially for ICOs mainly because of scams and fraud. So I think in order for MyShield not to lose prospective investors, they might want to consider giving more proactive updates. I mean the potential of their project is just so great. I personally believe and is impressed with the vision they hold for the crypto space and it will be just sad if the launch won't moon simple because of investors who've lost interest and trust due to lack of transparency.
You got a point as well. Let us just hope they will be able to finalize the timelines soon without compromising the quality of the platform when delivered.
0 x

sigma wrote:
August 19th, 2018, 3:42 pm
It's surely sometimes just one person responsible for some scams but surely not for all. In the end it is also a lot of work to prepare this scams. One person cant do this just alone. And as the "market" is big, there are surely a lot who want a part of this "delicious" cake.
Correct. I liked how you said "delicious" cake, haha, it surely is, about the crypto market. Everyone's attention is just into this space because of how it's grown so fast. However, this also meant the growth and prevalence of scammers. Definitely not just a one-man work which is why we need greater security tools to fight the ever growing tactics of the fraudsters.
0 x

AppleJ0000 wrote:
August 19th, 2018, 8:19 pm
Correct. I liked how you said "delicious" cake, haha, it surely is, about the crypto market. Everyone's attention is just into this space because of how it's grown so fast. However, this also meant the growth and prevalence of scammers. Definitely not just a one-man work which is why we need greater security tools to fight the ever growing tactics of the fraudsters.
Agree. It's not just one-man work plus their technology is also getting more sophisticated. MyShield is able to step up with this because of BrandShield's AI technology, all the more that it's used with blockchain technology.
0 x

RichRob wrote:
August 20th, 2018, 7:52 pm
Agree. It's not just one-man work plus their technology is also getting more sophisticated. MyShield is able to step up with this because of BrandShield's AI technology, all the more that it's used with blockchain technology.
BrandShield is the first one to use AI cyber technology housed in blockchain to fight scams. I think this is just impressive. All the more that I look forward to how it's gonna be implemented especially with the crowd report system.
0 x

RichRob wrote:
August 21st, 2018, 8:14 pm
How does the crowd wisdom work? Isnt AI enough to detect the scam?
Users will provide their own reports and feedback on potential online items that perform scams. This information will be stored on the blockchain and shared with the AI powered cyber intelligence providers, BrandShield being the first provider on the platform.
This will allow community involvement in the fight against scams, fraud and counterfeits. And this involvement will be incentivized by the MyShield token.
0 x

Iamabright wrote:
August 21st, 2018, 8:19 pm
Users will provide their own reports and feedback on potential online items that perform scams. This information will be stored on the blockchain and shared with the AI powered cyber intelligence providers, BrandShield being the first provider on the platform.
This will allow community involvement in the fight against scams, fraud and counterfeits. And this involvement will be incentivized by the MyShield token.
What will make the users submit scam reports? Like what's in it for them in the participation?
0 x

RichRob wrote:
August 22nd, 2018, 7:56 pm
What will make the users submit scam reports? Like what's in it for them in the participation?
Aside from the fact that they will be helping in the fight against scams for a safer and better crypto ecosystem, they will also be rewarded once your report is proven to be true. MyShield has developed an incentive scheme that will reward users with MSLD tokens for every report that will be successfully confirmed as scam.
0 x

Iamabright wrote:
August 22nd, 2018, 8:00 pm
Aside from the fact that they will be helping in the fight against scams for a safer and better crypto ecosystem, they will also be rewarded once your report is proven to be true. MyShield has developed an incentive scheme that will reward users with MSLD tokens for every report that will be successfully confirmed as scam.
Incentivizing them is a good way to motivate users to participate. But what ensures that the report is a legitimate one? you know, as there might be users who will abuse it like just to malign a certain company or website or simply just for the token?
0 x

Return to “Security & Anonymity”