Different types of scam and fraud

Let's discuss the types of fraud in the Bitcoin ecosystem =) There will always be someone who wants to steal your money, so I think many of you want to be protected.

Forewarned is forearmed.

I also wonder how to increase your chances of earning cryptocurrency and without losing your funds?
0 x
I'm a part-time florist, part-time cryptocurrency investor :)

Re: Different types of scam and fraud

If there is money, there will always be someone who wants to steal them.
The last year has given Bitcoin A COLOSSAL amount of money. Thus, scammers of different types appeared.

Here are some advices for you:
  • Be careful when visiting wallet (especially myetherwallet) because there are a lot of phishers out there.
  • Keep you private key safe and do not give anyone.
  • Remember, that Bitcoin transactions are irreversible.
  • If someone promises to give something for free, he is scammer (works in real life too).
  • Do not hold BTC in online wallets. Use light wallets, Trezor and the Bitcoin Core wallet.
0 x

Wow great answer, @michDo. Thank you.
Btw, one of the most common vexations at the moment is using your PC to mine without your awareness. Hackers want to infect as many computers as possible and create a huge network of mining users.
I still do not understand exactly how to protect myself from this. Is it an operating system problem of a browser problem or both?
0 x

Ok, here's the list of type of scammers I found so far in 4 yrs in the crypto world:

[*]Who forces you to let them gamble your funds in exchange of profit
[*]Phishing links where they promise too much goodness( Example: go here to gain 1 btc for free due a glitch in the system)
[*]People that threats you via email for btc, telling you they will hack the shift out of you if you don't pay x amount.
[*]Who call themselves with a nick of somebody well known and ask you for btc favours
[*]Loans without a backup in countervalue it's strictly to avoid.
0 x

RouletteSensei wrote:
December 25th, 2017, 3:48 pm
Ok, here's the list of type of scammers I found so far in 4 yrs in the crypto world:

[*]Who forces you to let them gamble your funds in exchange of profit
[*]Phishing links where they promise too much goodness( Example: go here to gain 1 btc for free due a glitch in the system)
[*]People that threats you via email for btc, telling you they will hack the shift out of you if you don't pay x amount.
[*]Who call themselves with a nick of somebody well known and ask you for btc favours
[*]Loans without a backup in countervalue it's strictly to avoid.

4 years?! Wow, that is impresive! You must be very rich :D
0 x

Return to “Security & Anonymity”