Re: Different types of scam and fraud

AppleJ0000 wrote:
July 29th, 2018, 6:55 pm
Seems like an interesting project. The reporting process sure sounds like fun. I would like to experience the process. I think this project has such a big potential in addressing scam issues.
Crowd wisdom plays a big part in this. It's only with the combined effort of the AI tech and human report that we will be able to fight the ever increasing sophistication of the scammers.
0 x

Iamabright wrote:
July 31st, 2018, 6:58 pm
Crowd wisdom plays a big part in this. It's only with the combined effort of the AI tech and human report that we will be able to fight the ever increasing sophistication of the scammers.
Correct. MyShield has taken this advanced step to be at pace or be even ahead of the scammers. Brandshield team's expertise is undeniable in this platform.
0 x

AppleJ0000 wrote:
August 1st, 2018, 7:02 pm
what do you think will happen is scams will remain unabated?
Well it has been reported that costs of counterfeiting and piracy is estimated to reach $2.81 trillion in 2022. So if that remains unabated, it will be such a great loss and we are talking about losses for each and every one of us who are involved in this community.
0 x

Iamabright wrote:
August 1st, 2018, 7:12 pm
Well it has been reported that costs of counterfeiting and piracy is estimated to reach $2.81 trillion in 2022. So if that remains unabated, it will be such a great loss and we are talking about losses for each and every one of us who are involved in this community.
Wow, that's big! never imagined the damaged could reach as much as that. there is indeed a need for such a solution to be adapted now, not later. Scams are fastly evolving hence the need to counterfight it now.
0 x

AppleJ0000 wrote:
August 2nd, 2018, 7:12 pm
Wow, that's big! never imagined the damaged could reach as much as that. there is indeed a need for such a solution to be adapted now, not later. Scams are fastly evolving hence the need to counterfight it now.
i know right. plus scammers would usually attack the new crytpcurrency users who would have no clear idea yet on how to protect their assets. it's a sad reality happening in the crypto world, despite the fact that it has such a big potential in the economy. many companies have attempted to tackle this issue but to no success. we need a solution higher than the existing anti-spam and anti-virus technologies.
0 x

Iamabright wrote:
August 3rd, 2018, 7:47 pm
i know right. plus scammers would usually attack the new crytpcurrency users who would have no clear idea yet on how to protect their assets. it's a sad reality happening in the crypto world, despite the fact that it has such a big potential in the economy. many companies have attempted to tackle this issue but to no success. we need a solution higher than the existing anti-spam and anti-virus technologies.
And it is for this very reason that MyShield was developed by the BrandShield team with the intention of fostering greater trust and confidence again to the cryptocurrency market. Seeing the industry's potential, this platform aims to create an ecosystem of confidence for all users.
0 x

Linda wrote:
December 22nd, 2017, 4:07 am
Wow great answer, @michDo. Thank you.
Btw, one of the most common vexations at the moment is using your PC to mine without your awareness. Hackers want to infect as many computers as possible and create a huge network of mining users.
I still do not understand exactly how to protect myself from this. Is it an operating system problem of a browser problem or both?
[@michDo

Rule of the thumb I use to avoid them is any time I visit a site and my browsing section slows a notch or two, I shut down my system and restart. I've seen many on blogger blogs
0 x

Bitsupplus wrote:
August 5th, 2018, 4:43 pm
Rule of the thumb I use to avoid them is any time I visit a site and my browsing section slows a notch or two, I shut down my system and restart. I've seen many on blogger blogs
But that may be dangerous also as the reason it slows down is because it may have been affected already. I think it will best to know if before you visit a website, you already know if it is a fraud website or not so that you won't go any further and risk your pc from being hacked.
0 x

RichRob wrote:
August 6th, 2018, 6:43 pm
But that may be dangerous also as the reason it slows down is because it may have been affected already. I think it will best to know if before you visit a website, you already know if it is a fraud website or not so that you won't go any further and risk your pc from being hacked.
Is that even possible? To know beforehand whether a website is a scam or not?
0 x

Return to “Security & Anonymity”