Re: Different types of scam and fraud

Iamabright wrote:
August 9th, 2018, 8:23 pm
Hi Apple! I would also suggest you do some more readings and carefully research every ico project. Be very extra vigilant. I think MyShield is an option but make your due diligence as well. That's what Im doing now. Im also interested in this project but at the same time making other researches as well :)

Definitely agree with this. Not all good-souning ICOs are legit. Remember, about 80% of ICOs launched are scams. I saw this in one of the posts of MyShield in twitter. You might want to follow their twitter also. Lots of relevant articles and tips are posted daily for the awareness of every crypto user.
0 x

RichRob wrote:
August 10th, 2018, 8:23 pm
Definitely agree with this. Not all good-souning ICOs are legit. Remember, about 80% of ICOs launched are scams. I saw this in one of the posts of MyShield in twitter. You might want to follow their twitter also. Lots of relevant articles and tips are posted daily for the awareness of every crypto user.
Yes, not all good sounding ICOs are legit. Sadly the scammers have used these important fields in the cryptocurrency industry to trick other people. You know that just for the 1st half of this year, scams resulting from ICOs amounted to about $670 million worth of cryptocurrencies. I mean, these are scam ICOs we are looking at. It's a huge amount stolen from the peoples. The question now is how do we ensure that the ICO we are looking at is clean and is not infested with scam? Or even for the companies who would launch their ICOs,, who can they be assured that they won't be scammed also, that scammers will not use their brand to attack other people?
Vigilance really is one of the important keys now.
0 x

Iamabright wrote:
August 11th, 2018, 8:18 pm
Yes, not all good sounding ICOs are legit. Sadly the scammers have used these important fields in the cryptocurrency industry to trick other people. You know that just for the 1st half of this year, scams resulting from ICOs amounted to about $670 million worth of cryptocurrencies. I mean, these are scam ICOs we are looking at. It's a huge amount stolen from the peoples. The question now is how do we ensure that the ICO we are looking at is clean and is not infested with scam? Or even for the companies who would launch their ICOs,, who can they be assured that they won't be scammed also, that scammers will not use their brand to attack other people?
Wow, that's a huge amount of loss! This is where MyShield's Trust Stamp would really matter to the users such that as they see it in an ICO or crypto website, or social media page or even in an online ad or other form of asset, it will give them assurance that they are in a safe place. ICO companies may also benefit from it as they apply for that Trust Stamp in MyShield. It will give them an assurance that their brand will be protected from any brandjacking attack of scammers.
0 x

Iamabright wrote:
August 11th, 2018, 8:18 pm
RichRob wrote:
August 10th, 2018, 8:23 pm
I just cant believe the numbers you guys wrote down (I believe, I am just so surprised :) ). 80% of the launched ICO's is scam? wow, that was way more than I was expecting! Obviously I am aware, that there are so many but couldnt believe that it is 4 out of 5. And the amount of money the scamers. More than a have of a billion $! In the end there is a huuge scaming industry behind...cryptocurrency mafia in smaller and larger groups (maybe sometimes also just one person).
0 x

sigma wrote:
August 12th, 2018, 1:09 am
I just cant believe the numbers you guys wrote down (I believe, I am just so surprised :) ). 80% of the launched ICO's is scam? wow, that was way more than I was expecting! Obviously I am aware, that there are so many but couldnt believe that it is 4 out of 5. And the amount of money the scamers. More than a have of a billion $! In the end there is a huuge scaming industry behind...cryptocurrency mafia in smaller and larger groups (maybe sometimes also just one person).
Agree on what you said. It may even just be one person in all these scam attacks. We dunno anymore. That's why it's important for every user to know how to protect themselves with the security tools and be able to counter these scam attacks themselves.
0 x

sigma wrote:
August 12th, 2018, 1:09 am
Yes. So I think the new MyShield project will play a vital role in today's crypto ecosystem as it promises to bring back security for the users. I think this is not impossible considering the expertise of the team behind it in developing such an advanced technology to fight scams.
0 x

AppleJ0000 wrote:
August 13th, 2018, 8:09 pm
Have you guys heard of the BrandShield and Amazix alliance? Is this something different from the MyShield antiscam?
Hey Apple! Yeah, been seeing posts about it in Twitter. It's a B2B partnership of the two companies. Basically, Amazix will be providing its clients Brandshield's anti-phishing solution. Amazix is managing abut 130 community channels so that solution will be extended to them.

It's diffrerent from MyShield in the sense that this platform has AI and crowd wisdom in its system. This partnership though will be a great future for MyShield as the market will be extended to MyShield once launched.
0 x

RichRob wrote:
August 13th, 2018, 8:12 pm
Hey Apple! Yeah, been seeing posts about it in Twitter. It's a B2B partnership of the two companies. Basically, Amazix will be providing its clients Brandshield's anti-phishing solution. Amazix is managing abut 130 community channels so that solution will be extended to them.

It's diffrerent from MyShield in the sense that this platform has AI and crowd wisdom in its system. This partnership though will be a great future for MyShield as the market will be extended to MyShield once launched.
That sounds interesting. Yeah, I've been seeing AmaZix in some tg communities that I've joined. So what exactly does the partnership do?

Yes it seems a good opportunity for MyShield, what with the captured market it has with the end-users of these crypto community channels (like me, haha!).
I'm impressed with these partnership coz it only shows how serious the team is in promoting greater and improved online security.
0 x

AppleJ0000 wrote:
August 14th, 2018, 7:48 pm
That sounds interesting. Yeah, I've been seeing AmaZix in some tg communities that I've joined. So what exactly does the partnership do?

Yes it seems a good opportunity for MyShield, what with the captured market it has with the end-users of these crypto community channels (like me, haha!).
I'm impressed with these partnership coz it only shows how serious the team is in promoting greater and improved online security.
With the partnership, basically BrandShield will be actively monitoring the social media platforms and websites of Amazix's clients and removing threats whenever detected. They will be deploying BrandShield's anti-phishing solution to fight fraud. As we know, Amazix has been actively working every day to protect its clients and the wider community.
0 x

Return to “Security & Anonymity”