MACRO EVENTS & NEWS OF 11th March 2019.
FX News Today
* Stock market sentiment started to stabilise during the Asian session and many indices, first and foremost in China, managed to claw back some of Friday’s losses.
* Chinese indices led the way after moving past the disastrous trade number from last Friday.
* While dovish-leaning central banks in general and the additional action from the ECB in particular sparked fears that the global growth outlook is actually worse than anticipated, the fact that there is more support should also be constructive for stock markets in the medium term.
* BoJ is set to meet this week while it is believed that China and the US are in general agreement on many crucial issues and have held meaningful discussions on foreign exchange, according to People’s Bank of China Governor Yi Gang.
* Topix and Nikkei are up 0.57% and 0.47% respectively, the Hang Seng gained 0.68%, CSI 300 and Shanghai Comp are up 1.47% and 1.35% respectively and the Shenzhen Comp outperformed with a 3% gain. The ASX meanwhile was among the few underperformers with a loss of -0.38%.
* US futures are narrowly mixed, with the Dow Jones futures underperforming and the front end WTI future trading at USD 56.32 per barrel.
Charts of the Day
* EURUSD has consolidated having risen after the NFP release, with 1.1256 standing as the next Resistance level, while Support is found at 1.1224.
* GBPUSD appears to be currently moving in anticipation of tomorrow’s Brexit developments, with immediate Resistance at 1.3050 and Support at 1.2961.
* XAUUSD moved past 1300 for a while before retracting, but remained above 1280 for a 6th day. Immediate support is at 1292 while Resistance remains at 1300.
* USDJPY is still trading at two week lows, with the immediate Support and Resistance levels standing at 111.05 and 111.25.
Main Macro Events Today
* Retail Sales ex Auto (USD, GMT 12:30) – Retail Sales are expected to have grown by 0.3% m/m, most likely a base effect from the previous 1.8% reduction in December.
* Eurogroup Meeting (EUR, Full Day) – The Finance Ministers of each Member State will meet in Brussels to discuss various financial issues, including fiscal policy.
Support and Resistance Levels
Always trade with strict risk management. Your capital is the single most important aspect of your trading business.
Please note that times displayed based on local time zone and are from time of writing this report.
Click HERE to access the full HotForex Economic calendar.
Want to learn to trade and analyse the markets? Join our webinars and get analysis and trading ideas combined with better understanding on how markets work. Click HERE to register for FREE!
Click HERE to READ more Market news.
Dr Nektarios Michail
Disclaimer: This material is provided as a general marketing communication for information purposes only and does not constitute an independent investment research. Nothing in this communication contains, or should be considered as containing, an investment advice or an investment recommendation or a solicitation for the purpose of buying or selling of any financial instrument. All information provided is gathered from reputable sources and any information containing an indication of past performance is not a guarantee or reliable indicator of future performance. Users acknowledge that any investment in FX and CFDs products is characterized by a certain degree of uncertainty and that any investment of this nature involves a high level of risk for which the users are solely responsible and liable. We assume no liability for any loss arising from any investment made based on the information provided in this communication. This communication must not be reproduced or further distributed without our prior written permission.